Employment: Vehicle Mechanic
In this role, you will inspect, maintain, repair, and make recommendations for automotive repairs, as well as heavy equipment and snowmobiles, etc.
Location: On-site at Sunrise Park Resort
Department: Mountain Operations
Reports to: Mountain Operations
Employment Status/Type: Year-Round Full Time
Medical, dental, vision
Voluntary retirement plan.
Paid time off
Skiing, riding for free at Sunrise Park Resort
Deeply discounted access to additional resort amenities such as dining, and mountain biking and discounted merchandise available through the retail division.
- Communication: inform other departments about Sunrise vehicles and equipment and adhere to vehicle safety protocols.
- Check vehicles to ensure compliance.
- Perform routine automotive maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotations, alignments, filter changes, ignition coils, spark plugs, brakes, suspension, thermostat, power steering flush, radiator flush, and transmission/differential fluid change
- Perform major repairs such as transmission, engine, and differential swap, water pump, timing belt/chain, and cylinder heads
- Identify pre-existing and potential vehicle malfunctions
- Work with the service manager to order inventory
- Test vehicle parts prior to installation/repair
- Keep accurate records of completed and outstanding jobs
- Consistently meet deadlines for completed work
Education and Experience
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license.
- Must have own tools
- Must willing and able to read service manual and parts book
- Must be willing and able to perform all duties under adverse weather conditions.
- Must have 1 year experience as a lube technician.
- Must be willing to work on Weekends and Holidays.
- Must be communicate effectively, (orally and electronically)
About Sunrise Park Resort
About Sunrise Park Resort:
Sunrise Park Resort is a wholly owned and operated tribal entity of the White Mountain Apache Tribe and is located in Greer, Arizona. Sunrise is Arizona’s premier mountain resort destination. Elevation – 9,200 feet above sea level.
Tribal Hiring Preference:
Sunrise Park Resort applies the White Mountain Apache Tribe’s preference policy. Preference in hiring will be given to qualified candidates who are enrolled tribal members in the White Mountain Apache Tribe or enrolled in other federally recognized tribes.
Sunrise Drug/Alcohol policy:
Sunrise maintains a drug and alcohol-free work environment, which is critical to the safety of this position. Employees must comply with the drug and alcohol tests when requested by management or HR.
Due to the intensified risk and liability of the Resort, Sunrise has a Zero tolerance policy in place in all functional areas -especially high-risk areas that present potential danger/death to employees or guests. Activities that present the most potential for danger/death include but are not limited to climbing/hanging from towers, line work, driving equipment or vehicles, performing lift inspections, or involvement in any kind of maintenance.
If you are interested in joining our team please email the following items to email@example.com:
Job title you are applying for in the Subject line
Sunrise Employment Application (download below)
Letter of Interest (cover letter)
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact Sunrise at 855-735-SNOW (7669) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope you join our team!